Thursday, January 20, 2011

the worst thing a parent can say to a child.

OR THE BEST
"When you tell your child, I am not mad at you, I am not upset, I am disappointed in you."
Yes, I am taking this from Jersey shore. Yes, this is what Snooki heard from her dad when she got arrested. But it is absolutely something that everyone can relate to. Every dumb decision I have made, my parents have been there, they may not have agreed with me, but they are always there. No matter what I know that they will be there for me, hopefully I do not royally screw it up. However, there is a look, when I know that they are disappointed. It is the worst look EVER. Even worse than the look is when the words come out of their mouth. So don't just say it unless you mean it, because it does make us think when we are 14 or 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment