Friday, January 28, 2011

all you need is love


All children need to know that they have support, love and people they can talk to. Whether that is a parent or a sibling it is knowing that someone who loves you and cares about you actually cares about your life and the ups and downs that come along. In life, you will have lovers and haters, and it is nice to know the difference.

Last week I was with a little girl who I recently started to babysit. She was telling me a story about a school project and to me it seemed genuinely insignificant, however I could tell it was important to hr so I stayed in tune and listened to what she had to say. At the end of our conversation she told me "You were the only one who would help me with that, thank you." It took about 5 minutes out of my day, and not even because I was driving her home from school whether she was telling me that story or not.

Some things that are important to others, are not important to you, but you have to think about the person, and their value.

No comments:

Post a Comment