Wednesday, January 26, 2011

blah blah blah



I understand that SOME PEOPLE do not want dirty shoes in their house. I understand that SOME PEOPLE have white carpet. I understand that SOME PEOPLE are too lazy to clean up after others. BUT IS THIS REALLY MY PROBLEM? Maybe I am taking this a little over board. If I go to a house and see this sign, of course I will remove my slippers, regardless of my lack of pedicure, I will respect your wishes. If I walk into a house and see a pile of shoes, and the hostess has removed their shoes, I will do the same. If I walk into a house after walking in the mud and or rain I will remove my shoes. Anyways this is not my point at all. My point is to teach your children to notice things like this. When they start going to friends houses they need to respect the way their family lives and not just act the way they do at home. Today on the radio some mom was complaining that her new boyfriend yelled at her son for eating in the car. Well is he allowed to eat in your car? Did anyone give him warning that this was not allowed in this car? Sometimes it is not the child's fault, maybe they need to be asked once, or maybe you need to let them know. "When you are at another persons house or in another persons car you need to respect their rules, and if you aren't sure if something is allowed or not, ASK." It is as simple as that. You cannot expect your children to know how to act in every situation, but you can prepare them.

No comments:

Post a Comment