Sunday, October 10, 2010

up up and away

 PETS. The "model family" has a mother, father, son and daughter, and a dog. Pets are unnecessary. I am not only saying this because I am not an animal person. However if you are hesitant about getting a pet, don't get one! Wait until your kids are older and more responsible and can help with the duties. Your child does not need a pet to play with. Rodents are not pets, leave them outside for the snakes. Reptiles are not pets, they are reptiles. Have a dog, a cat, or a very low maintenance beta fish (my pet of choice FRANKLIN). Do not try to be exotic with your pet, there is a whole television series on how those go wrong. Anyways I am not saying pets are bad, I am just saying be ready for the responsibility and the cost. Just because you had a child hood dog in your life doesn't mean you need a pet immediately with a child.

The cutest couple in my life. Never had a pet, or a child. Just LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. such good advice, so many times the parents end up having to care for the dog and resent the pet and/or child.. and everyone suffers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wise advice... I swear my dog is 1/2 dingo and if everyone in my family didn't pitch in and care for her and her MANY needs, it would be a disaster!

    p.s. I cry within the 1st 15 minutes of UP... every time...

    ReplyDelete