Monday, July 18, 2011

Names

When naming your baby, you and your spouse need to be able to decide on something together. Ultimately I believe the mom has the final decision, hopefully your spouse will somewhat agree. I recently read an article about a mother and father who like the nickname "J.R." but they could not agree on what they wanted the initials to stand for as a real name and they have come to the decision to name their child "J.R." sorry to be blunt but I believe this is a little, may I say it, ghetto. I think as your child grows older they should be able to choose if they want to go by their full name or nick name. One comment on this article was naming the child "Jay" and then just agreeing on a middle name that starts with an R... I think this is a very good compromise if they are set on these initials. Anyways I honestly believe a name is something that everyone should have, so ridiculous to not have a name. It just seems lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment