Friday, March 11, 2011

helping hand


Whether you are opening the door someone, holding the elevator, or just smiling at someone throughout your day, random acts of kindness can make a very big difference in someone's day. A few days ago I was taking a little girl I watch through a fast food restaurant, usually the people who work at these establishments are nice enough but just get you in and out as quickly as possible. On this specific day I had the best customer service I have ever had in my life, the lady was quick and pleasant, but she genuinely cared about my day and smiled the entire time we were there. I wanted to write a letter of appreciation, but I did not catch her name. It definitely made me realize that even being in a good mood is a blessing and can make even the most ordinary experiences become wonderful.


Sadly, Japan is dealing with a very sad tragedy right now. I am grouping it with this blog because immediately after I heard about the earthquake and tsunami I also heard about all of the different countries stepping up to help out their neighbor. Although Japan is very well off and has many resources, they still need support at a time like this and it just makes me realize that there may not be much I can do to directly help Japan, but just helping others on a regular basis is something I would like to do more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment