Friday, February 11, 2011

history rant

So much on my mind.
I was reading an article for class where they compared the movie Pocahontas to if they made a love story about Anne Frank and a German soldier. That is absurd. I understand that Pocahontas might not be exactly historically correct and it wasn't as peaceful as they portrayed, however, it is a KIDS MOVIE, what did you want them o do? I don't know about you, but when Ko'Ko'Um died I understood how horrible that time was, and I didn't need much more of an explanation. Especially at such a young age. So this topic went on in class to be about Thanksgiving and how Pilgrims and Indians should not be a form of dress up for fun for the kids. WHAT? Really? What harm is that doing? Someone in my class said, "Well if there was a holiday for the holocaust would we have kids dress up as Nazi's and Jews?" UMMMM REALLY I DO NOT THINK THIS IS EVEN DEBATABLE AND I AM SO ANNOYED WITH THE IDIOTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment