Friday, November 26, 2010

siblings

[my sisters and I at our Thanksgiving]
My sisters and the experiences we have together are my favorite part of my life. We laugh, we hug, we cry, we scream, we give our parents hell, and we make their day. 
This week my cousin who is thirty and a new mother said that she doesn't know if she wants another. Everyone was in shock, she says she will most likely have another because she has a great relationship with her siblings, but right now with the stress of being a new mom she cannot imagine having more.

I would HATE to be an only child. 
Who would be there to tell me that Santa Claus wasn't real? Who would help me with my homework? Who would watch movies with me when I am sick? Who would I have a sleepover with whenever I wanted? 
I think siblings are a must. One kid is just not enough. Don't be selfish, think about your child, always having a best friend, and someone to be there for them, no matter what. But also be smart, do not pop them out so close in age that you have a million diapers to change. A two to three year age difference is perfect, close enough to have common interests, but far enough apart to have their own lives. However big gaps are fun, my little sister and I are just about eight years apart, and I would not change that for anything. It is so much fun watching her grow up and being there for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment