Monday, January 26, 2015

Love & Marriage

scared. happy. anxious. overwhelmed. excited. loved. These are a few of the feelings I felt leading up to my wedding day. A commitment to one person and trusting them to be there for you is a lot. Boy oh boy, has it been wonderful. Sure, everyone has their ups and downs but having someone to share everything with is wonderful. I love having adventures and secrets and always having a partner every step of the way. Someone who is there to reason with me, but also argue with me. Someone to help me weigh the pros and cons when I am making a decision but who ultimately supports me whatever I choose. No, we do not always agree and we are far from "perfect" but we are us and this is our story that we are beginning.
We found out very soon after our wedding day that we are going to be parents. Again, the scared, happy, anxious, overwhelmed, excited and loved feelings. All at once. Another human is joining us. Not only are we going to be completely responsible for his well being, but we he is going to look to us as he learns, well, everything. Right now, I could not be more excited. I love children, and I always have. The joy of having my own child is too much to describe. I am quite scared of the intense labor process but whenever I start to worry about that I think about this little one inside me, kicking away and what he will be like when he joins us. It will all be worth it. The sleepless nights and all the cries are what is making us a family and we will all grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment