Monday, January 26, 2015

grown up friends

As most of my friends have grown up jobs and busy schedules we don't see each other as often as we did before all the responsibilities kicked in. I am pretty bad about making time and trying to get together, but then when we do I realize how much our friendships are cherished and why friends are so important. My friends are always supportive and there to pick me up when I am down. They are there for every big event and they are the family we choose to have. As I have grown up I realize that some friends get lost along the way, and I think the hard part is realizing that it is okay. People change and take different paths and you can wish them well and live on. I had a conversation this last weekend with a couple girlfriends about the opposite, and about being more open to new friends. I think that while I love my friends, I am very much in a bubble. It is not that I do not want to meet new people, but that I love the people in my life and want to make more time for them. I am so thankful for all the laughs an memories we have made and continue to make. I find myself smiling at the smallest texts and just enjoying the little things. We also have talked recently about actually doing things. We do not need to go out to eat every time to catch up, but a walk through the park, a hike, or an actual adventure of kayaking or doing something new together. That is how we create memories. From sitting around with a glass of wine (or water for me) and gossiping to whatever adventures will come, I am truly grateful for my friends, whether I see them every week, or every once in awhile. They are all a part of me. They have helped me as I have/am grown up and I hope that I have done the same for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment