Sunday, November 13, 2011

new to the band wagon

Mad Men is my new obsession. I am in the middle of season 3, and I am going to take my time watching it because I cannot watch season 4 until after the holidays. That is when I am giving it to my father, I know this is a selfish gift, but it is not the only thing I am going to give him... But that is not the point of this post.
I love seeing the differences in the times. Of course I want to go back in time and fix every single act of parenting, but I love it. I love seeing how we have learned so much. From the very beginning when a woman is pregnant, back then they could do whatever and didn't think it would harm the baby. I will ask someone to stop smoking even if I just see a pregnant woman in the vicinity. One thing that really interested me was when Grandpa Eugene passed away. The way the police officer told Bets and didn't give a rats ass that Sally was standing right there. The way the parents didn't talk to the children about it, even though Don knows what it was like to lose someone at that age. I cannot even imagine, at any age death is such an emotional and strong subject. Not only should you prepare children for situations like this, but when they actually happen, they will have questions and concerns. Every family goes about with their own ways, depending on beliefs but it is so important to me. I wish I could have alternate scenes for every show I watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment