Sunday, November 13, 2011

candy

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory was a dream for every child. The chocolate river topped off the world made of candy. I am very particular with what candy I like to eat, so that is not my favorite part of the movie. My favorite thing about the book is Charlie's relationship with his Grandpa Joe. My favorite scene is when he gets up out of bed and dances around with Charlie, and I recently read a book that had the PERFECT description of how important family is.
"And I learned everything I needed about family from Charlie and his Grandpa Joe. Vecause that is, for me, was Nana. Although impossibly critical, she was my older pal, my wingman, taking me to school, dancing with me in the living room, and joining in my birthday parties as though she was one of the kids herself. Even today when she visits, we sleep in the same double bed, just like Grandpa Joe and the rest of the family. Nana taught me that even when the rest of the world deserts you, for better or worse, your family will always be there." -Kristin McGuiness

No comments:

Post a Comment