Monday, September 27, 2010

fish are friends


The story of the rainbow fish with all of his beautiful scales is one of my favorites. For those of you who do not know the story it is about a beautiful rainbow fish who starts out a selfish little creature and does not share the beauty with friends. The rainbow fish wonders why no one wants to play and so the wise octopus suggests sharing. Once the rainbow fish learns to share, he realizes there is so much more to life than beauty. 
I recently thought about this because I started volunteering at the Birch Aquarium. As someone who works with children it made me think of books and movies with sea creatures. The rainbow fish is a symbol of a lot of people, the difference is that some people realize that there is more to life than beauty, and some do not. The people, like the rainbow fish that learn to appreciate friends and the more important things in life, will also be the happier people.Some of life's greatest lessons we learn when we are children.

& I just had to show some love for my boy Nemo.

1 comment: