Monday, September 27, 2010

discipline

This past week I had my first opportunity to attend a Tae Kwon Do (sp?) class. I was amazed by what the children learn there. Of course they are getting their physical exercise and learning about the art of fighting. However, I was much more interested in the discipline the children receive. The kids have to stand when speaking to their instructor and address him as "Sir". They also have to have a signed permission slip from their teachers and parents, saying they are not falling behind in their school work or chores at home. This is an extra curricular activity but while the kids have fun they are learning so many responsibilities and it reinforces what matters. I think that it is a good experience, I am not saying it is better than another sport or activity, I was just very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment