Wednesday, October 26, 2011

divorce

No one wants to talk about it. I am included in that group. However I have come upon the subject multiple times with friends and in classes over the last few weeks and I am just going to speak my opinion. I understand that sometimes it needs to happen, I wish it didn't but that is not my business to be in people's drama. Here is my problem- STOP TAKING YOUR DRAMA OUT ON YOUR KIDS. If you and your spouse have children, whether you do purposefully or they were a surprise, they are both of yours, take responsibility for them, and respect them. If you need to argue with your ex, do not do it in front of your kids. Do not turn your kids against their other parent. Focus your energy on being happy with your new lifestyle and not on the anger from the marriage. Try to keep your kids in a stable place, if possible keep them in the same schools and neighborhoods so their life doesn't turn completely upside down. Love them unconditionally. I do not know much about divorce, I have taken a course on it and I just feel so badly for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment