Saturday, May 28, 2011

Death.

No one wants to talk about death. Including me, but I am having a very hard time right now with the idea of why things happen. A friend of mine recently passed away, and it was one of those tragic stories you hear about on the news but could never imagine it happening for real. He just graduated college and what should have been the beginning of the rest of hia life turned into him getting hit by a car, and passing away 2 days later.
I am not a religious person, but when something like this happens, I understand why people need faith. I want to believe that there is a reason for him passing and that he has gone to a better place. However right now I am just irate. I think it is ridiculous that if there is a god that he would have any reason to take a nice caring respectful hardworking young man from this earth, breaking the hearts of all of his family and friends.
My mom is religious, she believes in god, and heaven and hell and all of that. I think that is great for her, if it comforts her then good. I think it is good for parents to share their beliefs with ther kids, but not push them into one religion or another. However when thi tragedy happened, the person who made me feel the set about it was my dad. He didn't say anything about him going to a better place, he didn't say things happen for a reason... He just let me cry, we stood there and he wrapped his arms around me and I cries and shook and cursed at the world, and then he cried with me. My dad did not know this friend, but seeing me inthia state and knowing how you g and how much life he still had to live, knowing that was all taken, he cried with me. Whether he would have cried or not doeant matter, the point is that je was there for me, he disnt have to say the right thing he just let me be and let me feel. I still cannot believe what happened, and I do not understand it, however now I get the saying "life is short", because it could end any day.
I want to live life to ita fullest. I want to love someone with all my heart and feel the way my parents feel about each other. I want to have kids and give them everything they need. I want to party hard,and I want to be lazy. I want to travel the world. But most of all I want to spend as much time with the people I love. My family is the most important thing to me, and it is forever growing, my friends are amazing and I love every second I am with them.
Death still doesn't male sense. I know I'm not done crying over what has happened. I know I will deal with more deaths in my life, but until then, I WANT TO LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment